Are you kidding me?
When I heard about taking the raw power of oats and turning it into a breakfast or snack option, I was skeptical.
I immediately visualized sharing a burlap bag of raw oats with a very handsome horsey-type.
It’s not going well.
I’m struggling to get these dry oats down.
How could I have thought this was a good idea?
Whoaaa, Shelley. Careful to judge an oat by it’s burlap bag.
First of all ditch the burlap bag and this dish is anything but dry with creamy nut milk involved.
Not only is this raw breakfast option nutritious and easy to make, it’s insanely delicious.
I encourage you to customize your bowl to suit your tastes, hence the Bespoke label.
How to customize?
I’m glad you asked.
Change up the nut milk, dried fruit, fresh fruit, frozen fruit, nuts, seeds and purees.
The possibilities are endless.
One day, I may be eating raw oats in a barn but rest assured it will be a stunning bowl of nutty, sweet and raw deliciousness arranged beautifully, and it will be called a Bespoke Oat Bowl.
I try to make every meal and snack a celebration of life.
I want you to do the same!
Let me know what flavour combos you come up with for your Bespoke Oat bowls.
Send me a pic on IG or FB.
Bespoke Oat Bowls
Customized Oat Bowls
- 1/4-1/3 Cup raw large flake oats Extra hungry? Add more.
- 1/4-1/3 cup raw kamut flakes Use any flaked grain you like.
- 1/2-3/4 cup nut milk
- 1/2 cup berries blueberries/raspberries/cherries/a mixture
- 1 sliced fresh fruit mango/kiwi/strawberries/kiwi/banana
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts walnuts/pistachios/almonds/cashews
- 1 Tbsp ground flax
- 1-2 Tbsp date coulis
- 1-2 Tbsp rhubarb coulis or any fruit coulis you like
- 1-2 Tbsp garnish mint leaves/coconut/hemp seeds/ pumpkin seeds/grated dark chocolate...
Grab yourself a beautiful large bowl. You are about to create a masterpiece!
Add oats, kamut, ground flax, berries and pour nut milk over.
Add all remaining fresh fruit, coulis and garnishes to customize your bowl.